Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Association Of Anti-Semites In The Century City Shopping Mall



- I see your bag. "Organization for Anti-Semitism". I'd like to join. I just got my first email accusing me of being a Jew-hater so I am confident I can submit impressive credentials with my application.
- "Association For Combatting Anti-Semitism".
- I see now.
- Are you Jewish?
- Sure. I've been writing stories about Beverly Hills. I'd like to outdo in provocation Philip Roth in "Portnoy's Complaint", even Celine in his World War II era pamphlets.
- So you write a blog.
- I deny it. I say I write stories.
- Soon everyone will write a blog. I write one.
- I can't help it if the world is filled with psychopathic exhibitionists. So you won't pay me to make fun the of the Jews. But can't you give me some referrals, know your enemy, right? I'm new to this business. You guys at the Anti-Semite association must know people willing to pay for first quality anti-Semitic stories.
- What do you write in your blog?
- You mean my stories.
- Your stories.
- I write conversation. I had this one at the shopping center about two minutes ago. I spotted coins lying unattended on the pavement, leaned down to scoop them up, and a guy standing nearby commented:

-That's one way to make money.
- Not a good way. Proceeds are meager. Know a better way?
- Yes. If you are an artist, I suppose you are, you'll spend you life trying to sell a picture for ten dollars to someone like me who turns around and sells it for a million.
- I know an even better way to make money.
- What's that?
- Sell the painting to the guy who sells it for a million then take the million from him. This has the advantage of making a profit out of connections established through social conformity that you think so much more valuable than actually creating anything together with the advantage of punishing someone for making profit in that destructive way.

- You're not only an Anti-Semite you're a social theorist.
- I'm a man of many qualities all of them valueless. Except maybe to Anti-Semites, and you won't help me with my application, I can see it in your face.
- Good luck with your blog.
- My stories!